Sunday, November 11, 2007

My Silver Tooth

I remember that long ride to see Granny and PawPaw in the back of "brownie" - our 1985 station wagon. I loved to sit in back, facing the wrong way and wave at the cars. Kenny and Phillip could sit in the middle and I had the back all to myself. Dad had pulled in the gas station to let us get a snack. I chose Now N Laters.



After about the third one, I bit down and thought there was something in my candy, little did I know, or expect to find, my silver tooth! Not only was I now missing my silver cap, I had a little "nub" tooth that was exposed and I was in a lot of pain. My brothers were making fun of my calling me peg tooth and I cried the whole way there. Back in the 80's, they didn't have the all the gadgets and tooth correction products that they have today. I would of loved to have Dentemp OS back them. Instead I had to wait till Monday morning to have my cap replaced. Not only does Dentemp allow the cap to be replaced, it provides pain relief, is easy to use with no mess and best of all you can eat on it within thirty minutes!

Today if I were to loose a filling, it is nice to know that they have temporary dental repair to save me from the pain and embarassment!


No comments: