Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Allergies

Ever since David and I got married and I moved back to the Houston area I have had horrible allergies. After waiting two months for an appointment, I finally got into the McGovern allergy clinic last Thursday. I had been there when I was younger, and took allergy shots for a period of time. I thought I had "outgrown" the allergies but turns out they came back with a vengeance!

After several hours of testing over a two day period, I got the report of what exactly I was allergic to. He first asked if I was a farm girl, and I laughed and said no. He told me I was extremely allergic to guinea pigs, horses, rabbits and cows. Good thing I was never in Future Farmers of America! I am allergic to a lot of other things in the air/environment but I thought that was pretty funny. He gave me lots of medicine and I will be taking allergy shots for the next three years....yikes! I don't do needles very well, but mom said she would assist with the shots since she did it when I was younger. Hopefully I will get to feeling better soon, and sorry Al for always giving you a hard time about the allergy and sneezing attacks! I now know what it feels like!


1 comment:

*Courtney* said...

AWw, that stinks Lynds! Poor Savannah has allergies too we think b/c she is sneezing and VERY congested. And I have strep and Matt has allergies. It must be a Texas thing.

You can come visit us b/c we don't have cows, horses, or guinea pigs here, ha!